Information Technology (IT) supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University through providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU’s Impact 2025, the division partners with administrative and academic units to align strategic goals and operational plans, providing unified service in the spirit of One DU.
The Digital Media Services Department, located within the Anderson Academic Commons, provides customer focused support for audio, digital, and visual technology resources campus-wide, at the University of Denver, which includes: general and a variety of non-general classrooms, audio visual event resources and requests, video production services, video streaming for live events, audio visual services for commencement, video teleconferencing, audio visual design consultation services, and senior level and board of trustee meetings on and off campus.
This position is responsible for delivering audio/visual technology support for University classes, events, conferencing events, and special events, along with support for video conferencing services. The applicant will provide effective classroom support to faculty and students within university smart classrooms.
This is a temporary, non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Professional Customer Services.
- Set up, test and operate A/V equipment.
- Maintain Audio/Visual Equipment.
- Instruct faculty, staff and students in the operations of A/V equipment including projectors, document cameras, DVD/Blu-Ray players, Flat Screen Monitors, mixers, microphones, laptops, and computers.
- Mixing, regulating, coordinating of sound inputs.
- Troubleshoot problems.
- Perform related work as required or assigned.
- Must be able to communicate with diplomacy, tact, and judgment, both in person and on the telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with, and working knowledge of audio visual, video, and computer equipment preferable in a college or university environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experienced in troubleshooting problems.
- Experience with classroom technology.
- Navigation of OS and Windows based operating systems.
- Excellent customer service skills a must.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Flexibility of schedule and able to accommodate nights, and/or weekend shifts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in producing digital media and technology.
- Live sound engineering.
- Stage Hand Experience is a plus.
- Video Conferencing Experience
- Video Streaming Experience
- Video Production Experience
- 35mm Film Projection Experience
- Previous work in an academic environment
20hrs/week. Flexibility of schedule and able to accommodate nights, and/or weekend shifts.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 3.
The hourly rate for the position is $15.00
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.