Executive Assistant - Korbel School of International Studies
Job no: 492910
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Admin / Executive / Office Support
The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is an interdisciplinary professional school of international studies that prepares students for careers in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Our program provides students with the knowledge, skills, and networks to design policies, implement programs, and realize outcomes that enhance human capabilities around the world.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for supporting the Dean by managing a demanding schedule, arranging travel itineraries, overseeing various components of the dean's suite operation, providing administrative support to various committees and working with a great latitude of discretion. This position serves as an initial point of contact for a variety of constituencies and offers a natural liaison to those groups. The person in this position must respond effectively to questions and concerns raised by the central administration, faculty, staff, students alumni and friends. It will be vital that the person assuming these responsibilities has the ability to vet all forms of correspondence and ensure timely follow-up by the appropriate member of the leadership team. The Executive Assistant will provide support for all functions for which the Dean of the Josef Korbel School of International Studies has responsibility. The person will assist the Dean on various Korbel committees by tracking priority issues, managing the development of agenda items, attending meetings, and writing minutes. The Executive Assistant may be called upon to write and produce summaries and reports on various topics for distribution to a broad range of audiences.
- Oversee various aspects of the Dean's Office operation and provide supervision of student employees.
- Manage work-flow in support of Dean, particularly various incoming forms of correspondence (e.g. email, text, documents), to ensure appropriate and timely follow-up
- Coordinate multiple schedules and calendars.
- Support the Dean on various Korbel and institutional committees and meetings. Suggest/track agenda topics, attend meetings, and write/edit minutes.
- Respond effectively and in a timely manner to questions and concerns raised by University leadership and the broad set of Korbel constituents.
- Provide research and writing support for the Dean.
- Manage special projects as assigned.
- Supervise student employees
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, executive and senior leadership, and external partners and donors.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving, with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive and resourceful in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Ability to be a forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks solutions and options for consideration by leadership.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to multi-task routinely.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience.
- Experience in higher education
- 5 years of progressively responsible administrative/office management experience.
- Previous experience in providing administrative support at the executive level.
Monday - Friday, 37.5 hours per week
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on January 27, 2020
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.