Associate Director for Strategic Marketing, Research, and Analysis
Job no: 493148
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Admission / Financial Aid
The University of Denver, a private university, is the oldest independent University in the Rocky Mountain region, with approximately 11,800 students in undergraduate and graduate programs. DU is classified as a Doctoral/Research University with high research activity. The Daniels College is the eighth oldest collegiate business program in the U.S. and has held AACSB accreditation since 1923. The College offers both undergraduate and masters degree programs. Current enrollment in Daniels includes more than 1,800 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students. Class sizes in marketing typically range from 15 to 35.
The Associate Director of Strategic Marketing, Research, and Analysis oversees marketing strategies and initiatives, positioning, and assessment of the MBA@Denver program. This person will supervise the work of a third-party agency provider as well as collect, analyze, and report data on MBA@Denver financial performance, rankings for accreditation purposes, Master of Business Administration market, and application trends, Online Education industry and market and will provide strategic data-driven recommendations to the Director. The Associate Director of Strategic Marketing, Research, and Analysis will monitor current and future resource needs based upon enrollment projections, matriculation plans, student satisfaction, faculty practice and other pertinent data. This person will lead the development and implementation of program processes based on strategic goals and best practices. The Associate Director will represent the MBA@Denver program with key stakeholders to identify process and system integration.
- Manage 2U Marketing team to ensure marketing practices and messaging are aligned with the needs of the MBA@Denver program.
- Manage development of a comprehensive and integrated marketing plan to promote the MBA@Denver mission and vision in alignment with the Daniels College of Business and the University of Denver.
- Build brand awareness and positioning designed to build reputation, increase MBA@Denver enrollment and digital presence.
- Develop a marketing strategy, including appropriate analytics, to provide a positive user experience for a variety of key audiences (e.g., prospective students, current students, donors, alumni, and other Universities), with a special emphasis on building a strong program presence and brand awareness.
- Serve as a liaison to the Office of Communication, Marketing, and Graduate Admissions for the development of best marketing practices and alignment of marketing messaging across programs.
- Develop ranking marketing strategy and plan to ensure that the MBA@Denver program is globally recognized as one of the top online MBA programs in the nation.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance of marketing and research student workers.
Data Research, Analytics and Reporting
- Collect, analyze and report on recruiting data and enrollment statistics for rankings/AACSB accreditation. Use data to propose potential program ranking strategies to Director.
- Collect, analyze and report on data related to Master of Business Administration market, application trends, and online MBA programs across the state and the nation to assist in program positioning and offering changes.
- Collect data and report on quality of courses taught in the MBA@Denver program. Review faculty performance in the classroom and implement best practices.
- Create business intelligence reports and graphic illustration to support data driven decisions.
- Assist the Director in developing quarterly and annual qualitative and quantitative reports as they relate to the strategic plan for the program.
- Develop new databases (e.g. students, alumni) to meet departmental research information and statistical needs.
- Analyze and provide critical reporting to various Daniels College constituents including the Deans and Daniels leadership teams.
- Provide timely data management, analysis, and reporting.
- Create and maintain record history and report on key indicators.
- Implement and practice effective research design, methodology, qualitative/quantitative analysis, and statistical analysis to obtain valid and reliable data for assessing and measuring student learning, engagement, development, satisfaction, program, and service effectiveness.
- Direct MBA@Denver divisional assessment and annual reporting processes.
- Provide management and serve as point of contact for all assessment and student evaluation metrics, including coordination, design, review, approval, interpretation, and reporting.
- Collect and organize data analysis supporting the MBA@Denver impact on the educational experience and retention to improve program effectiveness.
- Support the ongoing development of the MBA@Denver program in collaboration with the Director to review and evaluate the program curriculum through the analysis of assessment strategies and data collection.
- Cultivate partnership with the Office of Teaching and Learning and Director of Assessment to ensure MBA@Denver’s assessment efforts are in line with current best practices.
- Provide the MBA@Denver Director with budget reports, dashboards and historical data in development of annual budget.
- Determine costs and revenues of admissions, recruiting, student services, and travel initiatives.
- Forecast expense and revenue budgets throughout the fiscal year and maximize opportunities to identify return on investment and cost optimization within the budget process.
- Maintain Profit & Loss Statement for each event that the MBA@Denver program organizes for incoming and current students, such as recruiting events, immersions, and travel courses.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports.
- Analyze results to provide suggestions to leadership to increase efficiency.
Business System Analysis and Implementation
- Manage 2U Program Management and Operations team to ensure efficient operations of MBA@Denver program.
- Lead development and implementation of program-wide financial and administrative best practices, such as faculty hiring process, policy evaluation and adjustments, and introduction of new business practices.
- Manage and create workflow, processes, and documentation for the program.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and growth within program and systems.
- Assist Director in leading/attending multiple committees as representation for MBA@Denver to implement processes and enhance the student experience inside and outside of the classroom.
- Support MBA@Denver leadership with enrollment and student support processes.
- Support MBA@Denver leadership review of implementation projects.
- Manage student workers and graduate assistants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of market research analysis, interpretation, and reporting.
- Ability to gather, evaluate, and synthesize complex data from various sources, apply intelligence and interpretative insights and present information in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Knowledge of financial management principles, tools, and techniques.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and interpret data, recommend solutions, and implement course of action.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and coordinate financial and administrative activities.
- Extremely accurate, detail-oriented, confidential, impartial, and objective.
- Effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent customer experience skills.
- Ability to make sound and appropriate decisions under tight timelines.
- Excellent critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient report writing.
- Ability to organize priorities and projects.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask using discretion and independent judgment.
- Ability to work well across department, college and university functions within a team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office/systems (MS Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Master's degree in Business or related field.
- At least 6 months of experience in marketing analytics, data management, analysis, and reporting.
- 2 years of work experience in marketing analytics, data management, analysis and reporting.
- Experience working in a university business school marketing and analytics setting.
- Experience working in Slate, Banner and Access.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.