Osher Life Long Learning Institute (OLLI) West Site Manager
Job no: 493640
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Business Operations / Services, Community Engagement
The Osher Life Long Learning Institute (OLLI) is seeking an OLLI West Site Manager, located in Golden, CO. The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Denver (OLLI at DU) is an adult learning membership program designed for inquiring adults, age 50 and "better," who wish to pursue lifelong learning in a relaxed non-competitive atmosphere. The OLLI West Site Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee all operational aspects of the program working closely with the member relations committee and the curriculum committee.
The OLLI West Site Manager’s primary responsibility is to oversee all operational aspects of the OLLI West program working closely with the member relations committee and the curriculum committee. The OLLI West Site Manager will adhere to the policies and procedures of the University of Denver and will follow the Guidelines of OLLI at DU. The OLLI West program is membership driven and it is the OLLI West Site Manager’s responsibility to respond promptly to all member inquires and requests. Additionally, the Site Manager will pursue the involvement of member volunteers to become actively involved in committees and specific tasks. The Site Manager reports to the OLLI at DU Executive Director.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Administration Oversee all functions of site operations including:
- Negotiate yearly space contracts (with Executive Director and DU support).
- Hire & supervise support position.
- Act as liaison between site and OLLI members and facilitators making sure that all provisions agreed to are maintained.
- Oversee and manage all equipment needs.
- Manage Member Relations Committee schedule, working closely with MRC Chairperson and MRC led committees on all pertinent matters.
- Attend all Advisory Council, Executive, Curriculum Committee and staff meetings.
- Working with Executive Director, develop annual Site budget.
- In cooperation with the Budget Liaison Officer review/monitor monthly financial statements, maintaining on-going progress report.
- Approve/monitor expenditures.
- Determine and arrange all special events with support of volunteers.
- Maintain and regularly update OLLI portfolio website (for specific site).
- Adhere to OLLI at DU Calendar (modifying meeting dates, if necessary).
- Administer the “snow closure” policy.
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Contribute to annual strategic planning (retreat & plan development) Clerical.
- Maintain member database providing up-dated information to OLLI Office.
- Coordinate all email blast information.
- Prepare curriculum information each term for website.
- Review term registration reports and proactively assess challenges.
- Oversee newsletter production.
- Create new members packets quarterly including nametags.
- Get new member information to OLLI Administrative Assistant for membership card.
- Create and distribute any special flyers regarding guest speakers or other events.
- Assign classrooms (when in person) Curriculum Committee Support.
- Work with CC chair to make certain all facilitator requirement meetings are planned and implemented.
- Prepare and review facilitator evaluations.
- Ensure all equipment requests are fulfilled.
- Schedule and coordinate quarterly facilitator trainings.
- Obtain class descriptions quarterly for curriculum catalog and syllabi for website and distribution.
- Be on-site during the first two weeks of each term to “meet and greet” members and handle any special needs that arise.
- Visible at site as much as possible.
- Respond promptly to OLLI member requests, phone calls and emails Decision Making.
- Make the final decisions regarding administrative procedures for the site (in alignment with overall OLLI at DU policies and procedures).
- If a situation/project arises that in any way is non-site specific and affects the policies and procedures of OLLI at DU as a whole or the University of Denver and could in any way adversely affect either the site or DU, the decision to approve or move forward must be made by the Executive Director, or in the case of the University of Denver by either the Dean of UCOL or the Chancellor of the University Hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Planning and budgeting experience.
- Program management and quality implementation.
- Experience building community partnerships.
This is a part-time, non-benefited position of 1,000 hours per calendar year. This position has a flexible schedule as the duties dictate. There is not a designated physical OLLI Site office. You may choose to perform the computer aspects of the job either at your home office or the OLLI at DU shared office. (This office is closed for a week between Christmas and New Year’s.)
For best consideration, please submit your application by April 9, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The hourly range for this position is $36.00 - $37.00.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.