Adjunct/Overload MBA@Denver Immersion Leader, Daniels College of Business
Job no: 493649
Work type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Denver, CO
The MBA@Denver at Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver is looking to hire Domestic and International Immersion Leads for 2021 calendar year to teach a variety of 3 day in person graduate experiences, on numerous special-topics. The positions are non-benefited. This posting will serve for multiple openings.
During immersion experiences, students will learn about a specific topic from business leaders, engage in group workshops, and network with peers. The topic of the immersion is jointly decided by the Immersion Lead, Program Director and Asst. Director.
Up to 20 weeks prior the Immersion
- The Immersion Lead and Program Director discuss potential topics and responsibilities.
15 weeks prior the Immersion
- The Immersion Lead must provide the following:
- Bio and headshot
- Welcome letter
- Pre-work assignment (readings, case studies, articles)
- Post-work assignment (two-page reflection paper or presentation)
- The Assistant Director will create the course in 2DU.
2 weeks prior the Immersion
- The Immersion Lead will:
- During the Immersion
- The Immersion Lead:
- Is responsible to deliver the three four-hour sessions based on the topic previously discussed.
- Needs to include interactive sessions, such as speakers, panel, breakout sessions, or tours on Saturday afternoon.
- Consults the Program Director if any non-related content requests are made by students before providing an answer.
- Consults the Assistant Director before making any logistical changes.
- After the Immersion
- The Immersion Lead oversees grading and corresponding with the students that have not submitted their assignment by the deadline.
- The Immersion Lead and Program Director will discuss make up submissions/fail grade if students missed one or more sessions or did not submit their assignment on time.
- Master’s degree.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Ability to teach at the university level.
- Teaching experience at the university level.
- Immersion days are Friday-Sunday
- Friday, 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Saturday, 7:30am - 5:00pm
- Sunday, 7:30am - 12:00pm
$3,000 or agreed upon portion thereof if sharing duties with another Immersion Lead.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, available market information, and course enrollment, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.