Registrar Coordinator, Graduate School of Social Work
Job no: 494394
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Denver, CO
Categories: Student Affairs / Services, Business Operations / Services, Admin / Executive / Office Support, Academic Administration
The Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) is a vibrant community of scholars and teachers committed to having a diverse faculty and student body. The Schools curriculum, research, and community partnerships emphasize social and economic justice, along with an understanding of and respect for social, political, and cultural diversity both nationally and internationally. GSSW provides an intellectual, collegial, and supportive environment that fosters interdisciplinary and international educational opportunities. GSSW engages in collaborative projects locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. GSSW and the University of Denver are committed to enhancing the diversity of faculty and staff.
This Coordinator position at the Graduate School of Social Work (GSSW) reports to the GSSW Registrar. This position is a part of the GSSW Registrar team and provides support across all GSSW programs. The Coordinator acts as a front-line support for all day-to-day operations of the GSSW Registrar team, including significant data entry, escalated registration concerns, and collaborates directly with students, staff, and faculty.
- Provide front-line support to students and instructors and escalated inquiries related to course assignments and registration.
- Monitor Registrar emails and phone lines. Provide solutions based on policy, procedures, calendars, etc.
- Assist with course scheduling, including creation and updating of course sections in Banner.
- Assist with MSW@DEN related to registration issues.
- Assist with Field Education registration issues, including collaboration with different departments.
- Assist with quarterly graduation check and certification process.
- Collaborate with various DU and other GSSW administrative offices as needed.
- Primary Responsibility for student verification and letter requests.
- Primary Responsibility for substitution/waiver forms.
- Assist with student concentration and certification declarations.
- Assist with Independent Study forms for MSW students.
- Assist with electronic filing, scanning and records management.
- Support maintaining the Registrar tab of the GSSW Student Resource Portal.
- Support with advisor assignments.
- Run reports as needed.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
This position may supervise student employees
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Proficient knowledge of FERPA, HIPPA and information protection practices.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience using data management systems.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once and on time.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain efficient office work flow and administrative processes.
- Customer service orientation.
- Demonstrated commitment, knowledge and ability to effectively engage individuals from broadly diverse communities.
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and building collaborative relationships across departments.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 1-3 years of progressive administrative experience.
- 2-4 years of progressive administrative experience, including 1 year in higher education working with student data.
- Experience working within the context of the Registrars office.
- Experience working with academic software (e.g. Banner).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Evenings and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Thursday, October 21st, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 6.
The hourly range for the position is $20.00 - $23.00.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.