About the University of Denver
The University of Denver is a top-ranked university that is dedicated to the public good. The institution provides hands-on learning experiences and is committed to a four-dimensional student experience base on exploring character, pursuing careers and lives of purpose, advancing intellectual growth, and promoting well-being. The University of Denver's college of professional and continuing studies, University College, is a leader in adult education, providing fully accredited and affordable educational experiences specifically designed for busy adults.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Operations for University College, the part-time Business Coordinator provides division-level, day-to-day financial, human resources, and business practices support. This position is a front-line resource providing support for business transactions and activities. The ideal candidate will have proven business acumen and the ability to effectively execute assigned financial and operational tasks and projects from inception to completion. The ideal candidate must be able to work independently under general direction, function well on teams, and provide excellent service to all business units, staff, and faculty.
Applicants should strive to exemplify our values: honor the individual, champion learning, transform lives, work together, and pursue excellence. The University of Denver deeply values diversity, equity, and inclusion recognizing that its success is dependent on how well it values, engages, and includes the rich diversity of constituents. University College builds an educational community that embodies values of inclusivity and diversity. We embrace a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion by fostering a welcoming environment for our diverse students, staff, and faculty to learn and grow. We embed the values of diversity and inclusivity in all our programs: lifelong learning opportunities and varied curricular offerings.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Under guidance of the Director of Finance & Operations, the Business Coordinator will complete various day-to-day business transactions as noted below.
- Responsible for processing and keeping accurate records of all divisional direct pays and purchase order requisitions.
- Input contracts into workflow.
- Generate invoices as necessary.
- Assist in preparing journal entry transactions.
- Serve as the purchasing card coordinator for 25+ cardholders at University College, by reviewing and approving transaction logs, providing guidance, and ensuring all purchases adhere to University and University College expense practices.
- Understand and ensure division compliance with all University purchasing policies, including but not limited to competitive bid guidelines, allowable business expenses, and purchasing methods.
- Train new staff in basic business processes, systems, and protocols.
- Responsible for non-employee reimbursements, travel, and honoraria.
- Prepare revenue and gift deposits in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring the safeguarding of university assets.
- Provide information on accounts payable procedures and status of payments to employees and vendors.
- Act as a resource for researching transaction history and prior period data.
Human Resources and Payroll
- Assist with the adjunct payroll hiring process.
- Reconcile quarterly adjunct pay.
- Complete international adjunct hires.
- Complete non-benefited hires.
Administration and Special Projects
- Research and prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Assist with special projects as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documented procedures and policies.
- Proven ability to work independently, take initiative, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using good judgment in situations requiring sensitivity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in day-to-day office and business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field.
- 3+ years of experience in day-to-day office and business operations.
- Experience in higher education.
- Familiarity with Banner, Concur, or other financial reporting, database and expense management systems.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Wednesday, August 10th, 2022. This position will remain open until filled.
This position will work approximately 20 hours per week, 4-5 days per week (Monday – Friday) and the successful candidate will have the flexibility to propose a schedule withing these guidelines.. Additionally, this position is eligible for partial remote work for the first three months (eligible for full remote work after 3 months) as long as remote work continues to fit within the division and team specific needs.
Candidates must apply online through https://www.du.edu/jobs/ to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The salary range for this position is $26 - $28/hour.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veterans status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see non‑discrimination‑statement.
All offers of employment are contingent upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.