These positions are located at the James C. Kennedy Mountain Campus in Red Feather Lakes, CO. The KMC operations associate staff are responsible for providing exceptional customer service, maintaining KMC cleanliness, and assisting with program/event coordination. Staff work in coordination with Kennedy Mountain Campus team to organize and facilitate events on the campus.
These are non-benefited positions not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Support the daily operations and events of the Kennedy Mountain Campus
- Provide excellent customer service for all Kennedy Mountain Campus groups and guests
- Assist with group and guest check-ins and check-outs, purchases, registrations, questions, and requests
- Assist with indoor and outdoor space set ups (e.g., audio-visual technology, tables, chairs, activity areas, etc.)
- Recognize and respond effectively and efficiently to emergencies
- Maintain a clean and safe environment
- Process sales transactions
- Clean all KMC facilities and equipment including dining hall, kitchens, offices, cabins, restrooms, toilets, sinks, water fountains, showers, etc.
- Disinfect the facilities and equipment daily
- Restock necessary items (e.g., soap, paper products)
- Launder KMC linens and other various soft goods
- Clean biohazard waste using the proper PPE
- Trash removal
- Sweep and remove leaves, snow, and trash from building entrances
- Maintains the equipment in a clean and working condition
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to work both collaboratively and individually
- Strong interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects, have attention to detail, and work safely in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to think strategically and creatively
- Able to handle time-sensitive/confidential information appropriately
- Able to work efficiently unsupervised
- American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED Certification, or willingness to obtain CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is sometimes exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Moderate to strenuous physical effort is required. This job requires long intervals of standing, walking, bending, and repetitive motions of the hand-wrist and elbow-shoulder. One must handle or feel objects, tools, or controls with hands and fingers; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 10 feet tall and balance.
Workers must also push-pull, carry and lift objects to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Part-time, hours will vary.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
$15.87 - $20.00 Operations Associate Staff
$17.00 - $25.00 Operations Associate Lead
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate’s sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers some benefits for non-benefited employees. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer. The University of Denver prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age (40 years and over in the employment context), religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, and any other class of individuals protected from discrimination under federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance in any of the university's educational programs and activities, and in the employment (including application for employment) and admissions (including application for admission) context, as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972; Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; the Age Discrimination Act of 1975; the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967; and any other federal, state, and local laws, regulations, or ordinances that prohibit discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation. For the university's complete Non-Discrimination Statement, please see http://www.du.edu/equalopportunity/non-discrimination-statement.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.